Four Things To Know About Following Jesus
1. You receive salvation when you confess and believe.
God tells us that whoever believes in Him and confesses that belief can be saved. If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. See Romans 10:9.
2. Salvation doesn’t depend on you.
Jesus bought our salvation when He died on the cross. Salvation is not dependent on our efforts. We can’t undo our salvation or do anything to hinder God’s love for us, because His love never ends. See Ephesians 2:4-7.3. Your new life is a series of next steps.
Following Jesus is about taking your next step. Salvation happens immediately, but following Jesus is a lifelong journey
. Jesus has given you a new life, and our new selves are revealed over time. God isn’t surprised when you mess up. He knows you will, and that's why He's saved you! God has given us His Spirit to walk with us, live in us, and guide us as we take our next steps.
4. Salvation is all about Jesus.
- Jesus said He was God.
- Jesus said He came from heaven, where God lives and reigns.
- Jesus said He was sinless, as God alone is without sin.
- Jesus forgave sin.
- Jesus said He was the only way to heaven.
- Jesus accepted worship as God.
- Jesus did miracles, including raising others and Himself from the dead.